Monday, July 2, 2012

Six. Concerning friends.

One of the most hopeful scriptures in the Bible, I think, is this promise:
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.   (Matthew 18:20)
I have experienced many times the blessing of being with friends - not only for the sake of companionship and friendship, but also because gathering together in the name of God allows the Spirit to speak to us in different, and sometimes clearer ways.

That, I think, is one of the important reasons for activities and events and meetings in the Church; our unity allows the grace and Spirit of God to flow into our lives in ways it otherwise could not. So too today; my family home evening group, small and informal as it is, was a significant blessing to me in enabling the Spirit to come more into my life.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment