Saturday, May 9, 2009

Shorter thoughts

Not in entire forgetfulness, and not in utter nakedness, but trailing clouds of glory do we come,
From [Heav'n], which is our home...
- William Wordsworth, Ode: Intimations of Immortality

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.
- Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

I have thought, today, on how the Lord Jesus Christ not only aids us in the difficulties of sin and repentance, mercy and forgiveness, but also guides us through the difficult aspects of day to day living. He helps us to do difficult, (righteous) things we choose to do.

The commandment that we should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and, as agents unto ourselves, bring to pass much righteousness, (D&C 58:27) is not a commandment disassociated from the assistance of the Savior. I believe it is a commandment to use our resources as best we can, before being asked; but, in my experience, this opens the door to divine help.

No comments:

Post a Comment